The Greensboro Mural Project is an arts organization that engages the people of Greensboro in the process of creating murals through dialogue across the community. The Greensboro Mural Project uses public art as a tool to communicate, record history, and make Greensboro more beautiful.
So, how do we do that?
- “Building bridges by painting walls.” This theory believes that beautiful, shared space helps breaks down social/cultural/political/etc. barriers for people to connect. Murals help beautify the surroundings of any city.
- Anyone can be involved in the process who wants to be, regardless of talent, skill or experience.
- The process engages the community and forms a sense of commitment, creating community ownership.
- Quality murals make art available and free for the community.
- Murals become landmarks in the community.
- Murals define the cultural identity of a neighborhood or an entire city.
- Murals attract more artists, visitors and media coverage for the area.